Thank you for choosing an Educate.ie textbook. Please follow the instructions below to download your free companion ebook.
To download your app on an iOS device, such as an iPad, iPhone or iPod, visit the App Store on your device and search for ‘Educate.ie’. Download the app to your device, then follow instructions below. If you would like to, you can download your app to more than one device but please ensure you use the same username and password each time.
- Your Educate.ie app is now available on your device. Click to open.
- You will see this screen:
As well as some sample books:
How to redeem an ebook
- If you already have an account, enter your email address and password in the login form, then click the Log In button.
- If you do not already have an account with us, you will need to create one.
- Choose the ‘Create new account’ option from the User Menu.
- Fill in your email address and create your own unique password.
- Click the ‘Create New Account’ button. If your registration is successful, you will see the following message:
- Now that you are logged in, choose the ‘Enter a Redeem Code’ option in the User Menu on the right-hand side.
- You will be taken to the following form:
- Select the name of the book you would like to redeem. (If you would like to redeem more than one title, you will need to do them one at a time.)
- Select the version of the book you would like (e.g. for iPhone, for Android, etc).
- Enter your redeem code and password
- Click ‘Submit’.
- To claim your book, return to your app and log in using the same username and password that you have just created. If you don’t ‘log in’ you will still see the list of sample books available, but not the books you have redeemed.
- Your ebook will appear in the app with the word ‘Owned’ beneath it. Click on the book to begin the downloading process, this can take a few minutes. You will see the % increasing as the book downloads. Once downloaded (100%) the word ‘Downloaded’ appears beneath the book. Your book is now offline and you don’t need to go online to open or use it.
- Each digital resource that you open within the book may take a few minutes to open the first time, but they will open quickly after that.
Note: Every now and then we may update the book to include more digital resources. If this happens, and you are online, the words ‘Update available’ will appear beneath the book. Click on the book while online and the updated version of the book will download.